Monday, November 3, 2008

Lifted

HAY-LOW!
Just want to share a bit on how I've been encouraged this exam season! (that I am still in boo)

One of the ways is...the encouraging SMSes I've received! Seriously. So so gamdong-ing (touching :D).
Like for me, honestly like I've already wished people all the best, praying for them, etc...I wouldn't actually SMS them to encourage them again, you know? Maybe I'm just mean haha.

But anyway, like last Friday I was really pretty nervous about starting 1 of 4 papers. Then I received 2 SMSes from 2 people (well duh two people HAHAHA) and it was really unexpected and I felt so like...some nice feeling la.
And last night and this morning I received another 2! I really felt so so so...nice feeling again.

And it's really timely too. Cos actually every single time I receive these SMSes it was like. Just when or after I'm feeling very very down and fed up and depressed (but mild version :D) and you get the gist?
Looking back now and seeing it as a whole (or let's be more cliche. The 'big picture'), God's hand in this is really so obvious. I really get very down during exams okay. It's like my end of the world everytime it rolls around. I don't understand it either since I'm from Malaysia : The Land of Many Unnecessary Exams.
But anyhow it even gets to points where I feel like skipping papers, not studying at all, dropping out, and I can even understand how Singaporean students can actually commit suicide over exams. Of course, I will never never have the guts to do any of the afore mentioned, so no worries there ;) (sometimes I shudder to imagine the things I would do if I didn't know our good great God)...and if I continue talking about this it'll become a post-in-a-post so I shall stop.

Anyway, I'm getting (gotten?) off the tangent and blogging as though this was my blog lol.
Apologies!
And yeap just wanted to share the encouraging-ness I've experience these past few days and thank you to wonderful people and thank You to wonderful God :)
Fight on, people!

4 comments:

Grace said...

Yup Yup!!! I agree with you kait!!!

I've also truli experienced God's hand of guidance during this exam period... I've been so stressed out for the past few weeks esp these few days that whenever I stare at my books studying.. tears would just come flowing out without me realizing at all!

But at the same time... God has been super goood... He uses people around me to bless me.. like frens and family. I get all these encouraging sms-es too before my exams.. and they seriously mean so much to me esp when I am stressing out like mad!!!! and my frens are all telling me not to worry, cuz they are praying for me... tat just makes it more comforting to know...

and 2 days ago.. I was crying over the phone when my parents called, cuz I was feeling super overwhelmed by my anatomy exam. I was crying out to God, God, I am so scared of failing, I reali reali need your grace and strength to get thru this exam. And the next day, my parents gave a surprise visit. They drove down from melbourne to bendigo just to check up on me and bring me food. Mom brought chicken soup and fruits and more food. They prayed for me in the car and just telling me not worry but to trust God that He wil make a way.

I think wat I realli find encouraging is the fact that I have the entire group of frens and family and family frens supporting me with their prayers. And I believe that God is a God who responds to our cries in need. so.. yea.. the exam today was ok.. not as hard as wat everyone expected.. so praise God for that!! :D

and yes.. God shows His love to me by using the people around me to bless me!!! Now, I truly truly believe that God loves me soo.. soo... much!!! and He wants the best for each and everyone of us!!!

so.. yea.. just to encourage everyone! All the best with your exams.. trust God for the best possible result to bring glory to His name!! Amen!~

Chin-Beng said...

I feel edified;)

Rachel said...

encouragement is awesome. yeah guys, keep encouraging others. Its a simple task, taking less than a minute to give but you'll never know how much it means to the receiving end. I have been at the receiving end of so many encouragements and they do awesome things to lift your confidence and spirit.

Jonathan Chan said...

I totally agree! I was sitting my property exam just feeling like walking out. But after prayer and knowing that frens were praying for me and encouraging me not to worry, I was able to pick myself up and start writing. Surprisingly, I managed to cook up some sort of response for each question, better than a straight zero for an exam which if i had walked out, I would have ended up with that score. Thank God for collectedness :)

Yes yes yes, encouragement!! Be an encourager! It is soo easy to do. Just be genuine, desire for the person you are encouraging to have something better than they do now, and say it with a heart of love.